Friday, February 1, 2013

Main Course!





It's finally time to choose my main course!
This is the most exciting course to choose, because this course is slightly larger, and more difficult, yet I can cook the course with a greater range of options than any other course.
While choosing this course as previously researched, I need to include:

A lower-carb option  (carbs come in not only starchy breads, but fine sugars as well)

No peanuts

I have decided that I will use my salty/sweet option for my dessert course.
This is because I can incorporate the sweet aspect of easier into my dessert, and I have more recipes in mind that contain these aspects, for my dessert course.

Because I've decided to save that aspect of my meal for the dessert, then I have a far greater range of options to cook with.

I must keep in mind when choosing my course, that since my appetizer of Bruschetta was a high-carb treat, that I need to keep this course lower carbs.
This reasoning behind this is mentioned in my previous "Nutrition!" blog post.

I will again choose my course, listing three options and the pros and cons of each, to decide which meal will be my final choice.

Option #1- Chicken Fajitas:

Pros:                                                     Cons:
Low Fat                                                Many ingredients needed
Low carb                                              Time-consuming-                          
Easy-to-find ingredients                        (total approx. 2.5 hours)


























Option #2- Pork Tenderloin:


Pros:                                                  Cons:
Extremely low-carb                           High cholesterol content                         
Low fat
No sugar
Easy to make (approx. 35 mins)























Option #3-  Broiled Salmon 
Pros:                                                  Cons:
Extremely low-carb                           High cholesterol content                         
Low fat
No sugar
Easy to make (approx. 19 mins)





















Note: I found out approximately how much time each recipe would take because the figure was on the websites I found the recipes from:





Comparing the pros and cons for each of my options, have decided to choose my second option for my main course. It fits my criterion of no peanuts, and this dish is extremely low carb. This is perfect because my appetizer is high carb. Because neither my appetizer, nor my main course have the salty-sweet combination that i'd been hoping for, I must incorporate it into my dessert. 
The dish is composed of simply herbs and spices, and meat. This adds simplicity to the meal, yet a whole range of flavors from the ingredients. 
In my next post I will be choosing the final course, dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment